1 whole chicken (approx 4 lbs.)
spray cooking oil or the oil of your choice
seasoning of your choice (see my note*)
(1) Spray the bottom of the crockpot with oil.
(2) Take pieces aluminum foil and ball them up, placing them in the bottom of the crockpot. The foil balls should be at least the size of a small orange.
(3) Cover the bottom of the crockpot with foil balls. The chicken will "sit" on the foil balls to keep it from "boiling" in its own juices.
(4) Spray the chicken with the oil and season it as desired.
(5) Bake on high for 4-6 hours or until fully cooked. The magic number for cooked is an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
I had a 4 1/2 pound chicken and I cooked it for 5 hours on high.
Variations: Lemon Chicken: Slice one lemon and place the slices underneath the skin on each breast side of the chicken. Any leftover lemon slices can be put in the inside of the chicken.
Chicken Soup: Waste not, want not... After I have removed most of the meat from the bones I sometimes make an easy chicken soup from the leftovers. Simply boil the carcass in additional chicken broth for 1/2 hour. Remove the bones and then add veggies and diced meat.
Join us for some great low carb discussion:
"LIKE" our FACEBOOK page at http://www.facebook.com/lowcarbcrock
Follow me on PINTEREST http://pinterest.com/christinecooks/
Copyright 2013 lowcarbcrock.com You may repost this recipe and its directions only if it is accompanied by a direct link back to the article on my site. You must be given my express permission for any other use. You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org